Friday, April 24, 2009

My 39th Birthday

So it really was my 39th birthday this year. I'm not just saying that like, "I'm 39!" wink wink. I really am. Well this year I'm not just saying it but I will be next year. The picture is a bit yellow but I wanted to post it anyway because my nephew Tyler says that posts are always better if there's a pic with them.

Well, what I didn't mention in the earliers posts was the drama that has been going on with the house loan. We've been up. We've been down. We've been waiting. We've gotten loads of encouraging words and messages and we've also struggled not knowing if this was us pushing for what we've hoped for or God calling us to deeper faith. The Saturday before Easter Josh and I sat on the kitchen floor talking over the terms of the loan. He shared his concerns that after just a few years we might get in over our heads. He had a call into the banker to ask her to explain some things but he warned me that it didn't look like we could move forward.

It was discouraging and I spent some time crying over it.

On Monday, my birthday I was a bit tired from all the emotion. We had an easy family day and then Josh said we needed to visit our seller and let him know where things were at. I didn't want to but we did. He was nervous of course but we told him we should know more in the next few days.

It was evening for us but during the middle of the work day in the US when the banker called. Josh asked her to explain some things. As they talked she suggested some changes to the terms that might make things more affordable. When Josh got off the phone she had lowered our monthly payment enough to put it right into our budget! We talked to some folks and got advice and last week requested that the process go forward. We're on our way to getting that house after all!

I don't think it was an accident that it was my birthday. Thank you Lord!

4 comments:

Rob Trenckmann said...

Oh wow! That's great news! I've been thinking of you guys lots in these days related to that. Praise the Lord!

Debbie Legg said...

Praise the Lord, and welcome to "39 for real!" Although (also "for real") you don't look it! Catch up with me and get some wrinkles, please! :)
And congrats on the house. God's will be done! Blessings on you all, our darling friends! :)

Kathy said...

Oh, I am so excited to hear that you are able to move forward with the house loan! I've been praying for you guys and the situation. Praise God for keeping the door open!
It was fun to talk with you on your b-day. :-) Since then I've been mulling over several things that you gave me to think about. Thanks for speaking truth into my life.

Unknown said...

I loved reading this post! So "you"! And I loved your other new ones too...the picture of Luke on the Easter Sunday post is adorable! Tell him Aunt Connie thinks he's adorable! :)