Wednesday, May 13, 2009

So where are things at with the house?


Well, I keep wanting to post something but it's still 2 steps forward then 2 back. But last week we signed for our loan after a considerable amount of work from some very amazing people. Then today the money came through in the form of a bank transfer to the account here and we were able to buy the Euros that Josh had locked in on at a very good rate some months back. So now that money is being transfered to our sellers account.

Josh has keys to the house! We are free to go over and start working away, although it's a bit awkward because the seller hasn't moved out yet. But that doesn't stop Josh! Today we had new windows put in Luke's room and the girl's room!

Meanwhile, I keep plugging away at this house. I have great hope of finding things that have been missing for years.... we'll see what pops up!

And while Josh has been working on the plan for our kitchen he realized that because of the exchange rate he could save a good amount by buying our kitchen from IKEA in Poland! So after our annual JV Conference in Czech the kids and I headed home while Josh went to Poland and laid out the plan in the languages he knows while the IKEA guys used the languages they know! I think in the end he got what we'll need to get cooking! ha ha!

So now I'll start keeping up the house blog with the work progress. And continue blogging here about our family life that we think we can live while we remodel. Time will tell!

6 comments:

Rob Trenckmann said...

Yay! That's great news! I'm so glad for the update.

christinastanton said...

YAY!!! Im glad for you guys! I miss you!

Lori Jackson said...

Glad to you know you officially have the keys and that windows are going in. I have a kitchen sitting in my front drive just waiting to be used. I am sure it would fit in my house!

Meta said...

I liiiike it=)

Anonymous said...

The language translating at IKEA cracked me up. Hope you get what you "ordered". :-) Melanie B

Kathy said...

I am so excited that you have the keys to the house and are starting to work on it! I'm excited about the Lord's provision and all of the things He taught you guys through the process too. Thanks for letting me join you in that. Love you guys.