Friday, March 27, 2009

Potty training and other news

So our friend Claudia had just been to visit her grandkids in the US and she gave me the potty training pep talk. The next day after ladies retreat Luke and I got started. He did great right away! The only hold back was that on day 2 I came down with an awful sinus infection that it took me all week to recover from. So I wasn't very good about reminding him. But he has stayed the course and done a great job. He's such a connection kind of guy, and one of the things that cracked me up the most was that he wanted to call people and tell them about his new found talent. We called Oma and his special friend Abigail as well as Miss Lori. I was really impressed by Lori's ability to be a good friend to a toddler boy. Him:"Miss Lori! I go poopy on the potty!" Her: "Really? Wow!" Him: "Yeah. A really big one. It splash me!" Her: "That's great! You are such a big boy!" I told her that it really takes a mature friend to be excited about that and not wince or gag or anything but just roll with it!


Also, after my last post I realized that there was just a bit more I still wanted to say about ladies retreat. First I wanted to post this shot of Joyce with Connie in the background. They are such pretty ladies and it's such an image of the kind of women they are; prayerful, worshiping, waiting on the Lord! I just love this. Oh and by the by, our friend and co-worker Brooke took the photos at ladies retreat. This one and the others I posted as well as a whole bunch of other shots. Just beautiful! Brooke is someone who has learned the secret of being behind the camera and yet fully engaged. It's so easy to use it to hide behind and she really has learned how to lean in while still offering her talent. Thanks Brooke!

3 comments:

Rob Trenckmann said...

Atta boy Luka!

Amy Woodard said...

Yay Yuka! We're working on getting Abigail there too. When we ask her if she's ready, she just says, "no, no yet." Bummer!! Looking forward to talking to you about it at our coffee/playtime this week!

Trisha said...

I just love reading your blog! =)