Tuesday, March 24, 2009

JV Ladies Retreat

Every spring there is a retreat for JV ladies who are serving outside of their home countries. And every year it's a wonderful time of connection with wonderful women and with the Lord. This year was no exception! My sister-in-law Connie who leads and plans these invited our sister-in-law Joyce (Josh's sister) to be our speaker. And even though I knew she'd be wonderful and we'd be blessed I just basked in all the wisdom and teaching she handed down that week. She and another dear friend Jerri Kayll came and really spoke from God's word about several things that really went into my heart like a balm. But one of my favorites was their version of "What not to wear!" Here you can see my brave sisters in outfits that Jerri critiqued. Connie is wearing an old Malachi Singers dress! Anyone see that concert?
We also got were just heaped up to overflow with time to eat desserts and visit with friends. One day we went to a mall with a gift from Dave in our pockets and a mandate to spend it on ourselves! Lori Jackson and I got to have lunch with one of our favorite ladies in JV Andrea Pitcher. (Also one of our kids' favorite ladies since she knows, loves and notices them all!)
But I think the thing that touched me most was being with this group of women I love. And having them experience some of what it was like for me when I first came to the mission field and had these beautiful Godly women over me as leaders and modelers sharing their lives and the gospel of God! This photo is of Joyce helping us with hand motions to memorize Isaiah 43:1-3 A verse I've already leaned on since coming home to Slovenia! How grateful I am for mentors and sisters like these!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved this blog post...and I love you!! You're such a great sister! It was wonderful rooming together and sharing another sweet experience.