Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Becca


I just dropped Blake and Becca off at school this morning. Kendra goes a bit later than the older two. So I have a few minutes in between and thought I'd mention her to you all who love us and check on us through this blog. She's in the 6th grade this year and is an amazing student! We're so proud of her. But school is very challenging to her in other ways. Yesterday was one of those challenging days. There was a misunderstanding over when a report was due. The teacher was a bit harsh and the rest of the class jumped in telling Becca that she should have known, wasn't telling the truth, and just generally attacking her. I wish you could have heard her prayer last night as she told the Lord she knows her schoolmates need Him but she just feels so hasseled. She's got a soft heart that runs deep. I told her that maybe she should read a bible verse before we headed out the door this morning. She came up the stairs a bit dejected saying, "Guess what I read this morning..... "I fear I have wasted my efforts on you."" We had a good laugh over that! But she did head out the door teary eyed today. We prayed together on the way and I told her to watch for God because he'll be with her. I cried a bit after she got out too. But I'm looking forward to the report of how he's going to provide for her.

8 comments:

Debbie Legg said...

Ah, school. So hard, and children can be so mean. Saying a prayer for your darling daughter, and for you all. Miss you! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sad to see that your daughter is nota accepted by her classmates. I remember when I attended elementary school we also bullied foreign pupils (students?). It seems like this is a prevailing behavioral pattern in Slovenia, a part of culture so to speak. I hope you and your daughter will solve this problem.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you as I have a 6th grade daughter as well. I can relate and yet, the foreigner part does not apply. Love, Melanie B.

Trisha said...

oh for a tender heart! I'll pray for her right now.

Anonymous said...

We saw her on Monday and gave her a ride home. I saw that in her and also saw her heart! She is sweet Kristi, I'm glad to see how you love her!

steps said...

Would you give Becca a big hug from me? I love you guys.
Anna

Steve and Erin Voss said...

Give becca a squeeze from me too!! i love you all and miss you tons and tons!

David Hudnik said...

Oh, I know exactly how she feels! I had similar problems in my school all until this year! A lot of my schoolmates didn’t like me, just because I had quite good grades and I didn’t want to bully others. I didn't have any real friends there. It was horrible! I think it's harder for christians, because other students are sometimes very aggressive and offensive. I'll pray that this ends for Becca.