Sunday, March 09, 2008

The Empire Strikes Back

So Saturday night we hunkered down in the living room with a plate of Wheat Thins (from the stateside stash that we only dip into when we're feeling needy), cheese slices, a bowl of popcorn and V Star Wars movie, The Empire Strikes Back. We laughed and laughed about Yoda and how funny he is with the flashlight that he steals from Luke. Of course we had to make a few, "Luke, I am your father." cracks.

But what really got me was this one. I was giving Blake a bad time about all the mushy scenes that happen between Han Solo and Princess Leah. I pretended like I was talking with Luka and I kept saying things like, "I know. But Blake likes these love scenes so we just have to grin and bear it." And then Blake would flinch and say, "MOM!"

So then we started joking about sweet little Becca. "Oh yeah, Becca really loves all the blood and fighting." I sort of summed it all up saying to Luka, "Blake likes the love scenes and Becca likes the violence." to which Blake acted like he was about to attack me and said, "Then Becca's gonna LOVE this!"

I can't get over how funny that kid can be!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

All of your kids crack me up and I love them! I had a blast hanging out with you all on Thursday! Thanks for spoiling me! :-)