Monday, May 17, 2010

Spring Conference and The Lion King

Spring staff conference is always something special for our family. It's a time to connect with our JV teammates from other countries and especially a time for our kids to connect with the JV kids who are kids like them. They have very close friendships in this community and feel loved and known there.
AND when CYT (Christian Youth Theater) comes and helps them to do a musical they go nuts! The JV kids are so talented! And they put on a great show!

Here's Becca in the role of one of the hyenas. That girl can put on some attitude! Lori leaned over during the show and said, "Becca doesn't need a weapon. She's got hips!" She was playing the Whoppi Goldberg character and she was good!Our nephew Caleb was Scar. So here's Becca as his back up dancer! I didn't know he had such a great British accent!
I grabbed this shot before the performance. But afterwards the kids told me, "Mom! We're supposed to stay in character! You can't come talk to us and take our picture!"
Kendra and Blake were Timon and Pumba. I have to say that it wasn't much of a stretch for the two of them. They are pretty much like that! They did get the screwball award from the team and LOVED making the audience laugh!


Luke wasn't in the show. But here's a shot of him and his buddy Landon that Landon's mom sent me. The Jenkins family moved here last summer and Luke and Landon automatically connected. The teachers who came to take care of kids for us while we were in our sessions commented on how nice these two boys play together. I'm grateful knowing Luke has a friend like Landon!

1 comment:

Claire said...

Aww...I love these pictures! And I love my cousins even more!!! it was so much fun spending time with them and watching them blossom on stage! You've got some talented kids Auntie Kristi!!! :) I LOVE the picture of Luke and Landon at the end...definitely a keeper!!