Monday, May 17, 2010

A fridge from France for my 40th!


I turned 40 in April and we were looking for a way to mark this special occasion! We've always rented our homes in our 19 years of marriage and usually had a fridge provided for us.
Except for one home in Germany. At that time we were running youth group for the military and had the chance to buy a used US fridge for a couple of bucks.
As we moved we kept it. And it's come in handy for Once a month cooking and holding extra food for meetings etc. When we left our rental and moved in here we were grateful for it once again!
But we could see that it's days were numbered. Mold in the cracks and crevices that doesn't go away, a freezer door that doesn't seal.... so Josh started on the hunt for a new fridge. And would you believe that it was cheaper to go to France and pick this one up, than it was to order it from here in our city?!
Well, not the hotel cost but we threw in my birthday celebration and feel like we came up on the good side of the deal!
I just cooked this weekend for the month and LOVE my fridge and my kitchen!
Oh! And I just have to say how nice the French people were to us during our short stay! We had such a lovely time just the two of us and I could hardly get over hearing people say, 'Excusez-moi'! And really mean it!

1 comment:

Claire said...

Oooh..what a good birthday present!!