Sunday, October 25, 2009

One is silver and the other gold!

Isn't there a Shakespear quote about angels and ministering spirits? I tried to look it up but just couldn't find the one that a friend from AP English had written in my year book..... Well, no matter. Because in place of the quote I've got photos of some of the folks who have ministered to us by working alongside us and sometimes working on their own while we go off to other errands! These two photos are of Craig, Miha,and Mariella with Josh. They took out the wall that seperated the living room. We are turning two bedrooms into a living room. Miha is a student we've known since we moved here and he's come to help on multiple occasions. Craig and Mariella are a sweet dear couple that we just met! They are friends of friends actually. And well, here's their story in their words..."My wife and I were given notice that I would likely lose my job. We saw this unfortunate event as an opportunity embark on a global walkabout. Do we really believe that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God?"
So Craig and Mariella were in touch with teammates Brad and Laurel. They came to Slovenia to be a part of an english weekend with them and then gave 2 days to our house project doing anything that would bless us. Wow! How great is it to meet people like this? If you'd like to check out their blog you can find them at http://craigandmariella.blogspot.com/
And last week Meta and Sonja came over while Josh was gone. They told me they were going shopping later but first wanted to come and help me. So they rolled up their sleeves and did a lovely deep clean of the upstairs. Windows were cleaned, floors scrubbed, and the bathroom sparkled. "We're going to make your house shiny!" And they did just that! I'm overwhelmed by the kindness and generosity of friends old and new! And the creative ways the Lord is meeting all our needs.

No comments: