Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas trip to Vienna

Every year my bible study girls and I take a trip to Vienna. Usually we go just as school is starting and go shopping for school supplies and new clothes. But this year we just couldn't make it work in our schedule so instead we planned to go for Christmas. And are we ever glad we did! Vienna at Christmastime is BEAUTIFUL!

It's a 4 hour drive and we hit the road about 6:30 am. Maja, Barbara, and I. Polona joined us this year. She's Maja's highschool friend and and a delight to be with! Christina was discipling her but she's returned to the states now. Poor Neja woke up not feeling well so she didn't come at the last minute. We missed you Neja!


We listened to Christmas play lists on iPods.
I don't know how many times we roasted chestnuts
on an open fire. But we sure didn't get tired of it!

First stop? Starbucks! Also the last stop! Ha ha!
We had to laugh because normally we go to
shop but I think this time we went to eat!
Because after a latte and a muffin our next stop was theChristmas market and some Austrian gluwein! While we were still finishing our drinks we decided the next stop should be TJI Fridays for a bit of lunch.

Afterwards we broke down and bought a few Christmas gifts and then rushed back to Starbucks for their signature Christmas cups and a Christmas flavored latte before the drive back!

My favorite part every year is the time to visit as we drive. The best talks come out of this trip. And so do some of the best jokes! Oh we laughed and laughed. I love these girls.








Maja and Polona




Barbara and Kristi... mostly I kept my eyes on the road!




1 comment:

Trisha said...

Oh so fun!!! Let's hear it for road trips with special people!