Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My new favorite recipe

My sister-in-law Connie made this recipe last time we visited them. I asked her to send it to me and now it's become something I make often. When you find those good ones you have to pass them on! It's especially great when you have family members eating at different times and want to keep dinner warm.

Chicken Escondido
1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
1 large can of black beans (or dry, soaked)
16 oz jar salsa
1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
2 TB olive oil
2 TB balsamic vinegar
Saute tomatoes and garlic in the olive oil. (If the sundried tomatoes come in oil just dump the whole thing in and saute in that.)
Add chicken and cook until done.
Add salsa and black beans.
Simmer five minutes.
Serve over brown rice.


Also, just an update on our nephew Caleb. He and Connie flew back to Czech yesterday. After a very long 6 weeks away from Dave and the other children the doctors were able to determine (the short story) that Caleb's intestines have been over active and have complicated his system to the point of pain and irritation. He's now on a plan for calming them down and his pain level is down from a 9 or 10 to a 6 or 7. So he's on the path to recovery! Thank you for your prayers for them!

1 comment:

Amy Woodard said...

Hey! I'm so glad you posted this recipe! You told me about how great it is, so I'm looking forward to trying it! Thanks!