Thursday, April 03, 2008

Women's Retreat

I spent this weekend with an amazing group of women! Last week I flew in to my parent's place and had a few days to get over jet lag. We laughed a lot and wondered when was the last time it was just the three of us.

Then on Friday morning my mom and I jumped in the car with Lynda Neidlinger, my mom's best friend and a woman who has been like a second mother to me. We drove to Spokane and met up with my cousin Stacia and her oldest daughter and then made our way to the retreat.

That first night I got a taste of what fun this was going to be! The women of Columbia Christian were so open and inviting and the Lord had set us up for a sweet time of growing and learning together.

I talked about four main roles the Holy Spirit has in our lives and how our old sinful nature (a.k.a. Sarx in Greek) as well as satan the accuser, hold us back from listening and following. I loved telling stories about how our family has been applying these truths and I had spent good time with two of my favorite teachers before hand, Andrea Pitcher and Dave Patty. So I was fully loaded with ideas, applications and quotes! I even quoted Blaker! Hey, when you've got something good to say it doesn't matter if you're 11 going on 12; it's still worth quoting!


Saturday for a real visual, we did a skit Andrea had told me about. I invited my mother to be the Holy Spirit and my cousin Stac to be Sarx. Poor Stac got teased quite a bit and they thought it was pretty funny that my mother was the Holy Spirit!

Later in the afternoon Dana Mohr had made this "No Sarx" symbol! It cracked me up and I loved her creative way of expressing that! It was so exciting to see the Holy Spirit gently work in very specific ways in these dear ladies lives!

1 comment:

Lori Jackson said...

wow, you are fast.....