Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Little House on the Prairie

Every summer I try to read at least one classic to the kids. I define classic as the books I read as a kid and anything I like basically! This summer with all the transition it was harder to do but the girls and I read Little House on the Prairie.

When I read the line towards the end of the book, "The snug log house looked just as it always had. It did not seem to know they were going away." I totally choked up.

When we drove away from our house this June after the big push to get out. Josh was in one car I was in the other. We were tired. It was late. There was no moment.

Maybe that's because our teammates are living there and renting the place for a short time while they study language so I know I'll be back there when I go to see them.

Maybe it's because our remodeling hasn't finished so we've left a lot of our big furniture there, and it feels like we haven't really moved.

Maybe it's because we only live a few minutes down the road.

But I can't forget that is the house Kendra came to at 11 months.

The home we brought Luke to from the hospital.

The home where all our kids stood on the front porch to take their first day of school picture.

The home where Josh first introduced Blake to Scout.
May 2001
Kendra 11 months
Blake almost 5 years old and Becca 3 years old

Becca, Luke, Kendra, Scout and Blake in front of the new house last week.

2 comments:

steps said...

Is that also the home where some neighborhood girls came to read Christy Miller books? 3 of whom delighted Anna with their company last week?
I give thanks for you!
Love,
Liz

Unknown said...

In the midst of all you're going through with moving and renovation I just gotta say...I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! You keep blogging!!! Way to go! I just got caught up on your last few posts tonight - so fun!! Can't believe these pictures of the kids when they were little...when was it they grew up??? Wish you all were here for conference this week. I miss you!!