Saturday, August 15, 2009

Family Vacation

This year a bunch of our vacation time has been used up on getting into the house. But we thought we'd better get the kids out on some other type of adventure before our "lazy" days of summer are gone! So we headed into the mountains to go hiking. Here in Slovenia they have these great huts where you can hike to, eat and sleep there and then hike on to another place if you like. So we found one we thought would suit our kids' ages and hiked there.This is the Ajdovska deklica in the mountain face. A natural formation of the rocks! Amazing! Translated she's the Buckwheat girl! I loved as we hiked on hearing Josh's response to their questions.
Dad, do you think God did that on purpose?
Absolutely!
Why?
'Cause everything he does is on purpose!
We like to take vacations where Scout can come with us. He jumped in a lake to make friends with the ducks there. We laughed so hard as he stood in the water and pointed! He also got to herd some sheep for the ladies running the koča we stayed in.

Luke is quite the little hiker! His grandfathers would have loved to see him in action! We blamed the easy route on Luke but I he set the pace a bit fast for me. I don't know what I'll do next year! They'll all know it was me slowing us down!

3 comments:

alainaw30 said...

So cool! I didn't know you all had a blog until Josh posted it on Facebook. Your family is growing so much. They look great. It sounds like life in Slovenia is treating you well.

Because I know you have so much spare time ;) I'll send you my blog. You are under no obligation to read. It's pretty random and sporadic, but a little slice of life in small-town Nebraska!

www.wilson24-15.blogspot.com

Good to find you!
Alaina (Wood) Wilson

Camille said...

Why am I not following your blog?! Looks like I have some catching up to do...

Love you, miss you,

Camille

Amy Woodard said...

You're so funny, Kristi! Looks like it was a fun trip, glad you all took the time to enjoy it! I'm sure you all needed the break! Hope to see you soon!!