Sunday, January 18, 2009

Kathy Codanti: Lady of obedience and faith

This is a shot of Kendra and my dear friend Kathy Codanti. She and I have been friends since grade school. Over the years she has prayed, visited, served at english camps and just generally been a real encouragement and support. Over a year ago Kathy felt God calling her to invest even more of her life in Slovenia and the students here. So she got in touch with Josh and said, "I have no idea how this can possibly happen but I gotta obey and see if God wants to open the doors."
And that's just what happened! Kathy's job gave her a leave of absence for a year, people jumped on her support team and the Lord made a way for Kathy to serve here in Slovenia with us for the past 11 months.

Last week we said goodbye. There were tears and thankyous. Stories about ways she'd blessed the team as well as students that she loved, prayed for, taught and drove around! When Josh summed everything up at the end of our sharing time he mentioned that he really believed that a statement she had made in their evaluation time was true. When they asked her how she felt about her time here she said, "I think I did everything that God asked me to do while I was here." We were able to give a loud affirmation of that!

What a woman of obedience and faith! And Josh's second comment was that he sensed the Lord's pleasure because she did obey in faith every step of the way.
We love you Kathy and miss you deeply!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Thanks Kristi, I love and miss you guys too!

Debbie Legg said...

How beautiful! Good thing I'm wearing waterproof mascara. I HATE good-byes! My sure comfort, though, is that good-byes are really only "see you laters." Blessings! :)

Unknown said...

What a sweet post and testimony about Kathy! I add a hearty "Well Done Kathy"!!