Monday, August 25, 2008

Horseback riding with Opa

We've been home for a week now. And I realize that there are some stories that didn't get blogged. (Can you use blog like a verb?) So I'm going to list a few of them now. Starting with horseback riding. No trip to see my parents is complete without horseback riding.
Blake and Kendra show so much promise when they get up on a horse it just makes my dad pine for the chance to get them riding regularly! Kendra has no fear. Which is great for those who admire riding and horrible for mothers and Omas.

Luke climbed up willingly with Daddy. But the jury was out until they got going. Once they started riding up and down the pasture he began to laugh. Then he started singing quietly to himself. He was so content! And adorable.
Dad's horse Shasta is such a great horse! Each kid climbs up and she changes her style to suit each of them. Becca is definately a more cautious rider and every time Shasta calms down when she climbs on and lets her ride like a lady.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear that you are home and that your time with your folks was good. It was great to see you when you were here. Enjoy settling into routine at home.
Melanie

Amy Woodard said...

I keep meaning to say that I love seeing all these picture and hearing more stories of your time in the states! YOu're doing a great job blogging!! I really, really love the story of Luke on horseback! He is such a character...I'm so glad that he and Abigail are beebees together! : )