Friday, July 04, 2008

My girls and The Battle Hymn of the Republic

One of the camps you've been praying for is one that my bible study girls are leading. In the spring they let drop the fact that they didn't think they'd be at English camp this year. I was stunned. These girls love this camp! What could be keeping them from it? How about the call of God on their lives? Barbara and Maja explained that although they love to go to camp and wait for it all year. They felt like this time it was their turn to not just be involved but to take ownership in leading others like they'd been led. They felt like they could share and apply what they've been learning at the camp that is led by their local Catholic church every year. They wanted kids attending to get more than games and hear a bible story that they didn't know how to apply. So we did a crash course in preparing them to introduce kids and leaders alike to Jesus in a personal way through a camp setting. I am so proud of them! Please pray for the follow up that is critical after a big event like this! And also for protection for them as the enemy often attacks after ground has been taken.

We are loving being in the US for the 4th of July. When we sang The Battle Hymn of the Republic I was so moved. I wept over the line, "As He died to make men holy let us live to make them free." Those are the words I'm praying... a battle hymn for the Republic of Slovenia!

1 comment:

Amy Woodard said...

I love this story!! Yay girls!! It's happening up here too...the movement has begun! We miss you guys too and can't wait til you get back and hope you're having a really great time there! The apron is perfect! She's always asking to wear it and I'll post a picture soon of her in the red Gymboree hat that was a hand-me-down from Becca & Kendra. She loves that too!! So fun! We're thinking of you often!