Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The shape of the words


Luke hasn't started talking yet. I don't mean that he doesn't talk, infact, he's talking all the time! Just not looking right at me and saying ma ma sort of talking. But we get such a kick out of hearing him copy things that are being said around him. Rebecca said the other day, "Isn't it cute to hear Luke try and say the shape of the words that we say?" I thought that was a very insightful way to describe what he's doing as he's learning to speak. Then the kids had a discussion about how that's the way they speak slovene. They try to copy the shape of words when they hear something new. Very different than the way I go about learning Slovene. I write it down and then memorize it and if I hear it again I try to remember it off the page I wrote it on. I think I should try their way!

1 comment:

Neja said...

Ooooh this's suuuuch a cute picture of Luke!!!!
And Becca's really smart!!!

-Neja